For the 2016 funding cycle, there have been updates to the Pediatric Pilot Funds program, application, and award terms and conditions. Please read the Program Overview (PDF) thoroughly.
- Download and complete all required application materials:
- Format Specifications
- Font: Arial 11
- Margins: Use at least one-half–inch margins (top, bottom, left and right) for all pages, including continuation pages.
- Application spacing: Single-spaced
- Do not exceed page limitations noted for each section on the application.
- Send a copy of your draft project proposal to your CCTR grant and contract administrator (GCA) at least 15 business days before final submission, and include the clinical research budget analysts on your email for review of clinical billable events. Your GCA will assist you in the development of your proposal budget and guide you through the internal sign-off process for grant submission.
- Applicants must contact the Children’s Center for Biomedical Statistics at least 3 weeks in advance of the application deadline.
- Final application materials must be sent in a single PDF or Word document to the PPF program coordinator no later than 11:59 p.m. on the application due date.
Submissions will be reviewed by the PPF Review Committee and applicants will be notified of award status within three month prior to the new fiscal year (Oct. 1).
Unsuccessful applicants may resubmit their application up to a total of three times, unless the reviewers determine that the application does not meet the intent of the program. If the application is a resubmission of a previously unfunded Pediatric Pilot Funds application, an additional page(s) should be added to the cover page (limit 3 pages) describing how the application has been modified in response to the previous review.
For more information about the application process, contact your GCA or the PPF program coordinator.
Core services and facilities
The center has several core services that may be of use to funded projects. The costs for these services should be included in the project budget. For assistance selecting CCTR core services and resources available, applicants can contact the CCTR Research Navigator for a consultation.
To request a biostatistics study design consultation for a PPF application, applicants must contact Children's Core for Biomedical Statistics at least four weeks before the application deadline.
Even though the PPF program is open to non-CCTR members, it is strongly encouraged that you become affiliated with the center.