Center researchers are studying ways to engage families as partners in healthcare delivery for children with complex chronic conditions such as cerebral palsy, diabetes and muscular dystrophy.
Researchers and physicians are gaining a greater understanding of the challenges that families of children with complex chronic conditions face in the healthcare system. Our researchers are
- Working on ways to define and identify children with complex chronic conditions consistently within healthcare delivery systems
- Conducting research on the impact of mental-health conditions on these children and their families
- Developing methods for improving care and measuring outcomes of care, both in the hospital and in the office
- Seeking ways of engaging families in a meaningful way as partners in delivering healthcare
- Studying ways of transitioning children with complex chronic conditions from child-oriented healthcare systems to adult care