As announced in the May 2007 issue of Interaction (PDF), the research centers have initiated a strategic planning process to:
- Provide strategic plans for each research center that will align and support Children’s Research Institute and Hospital Strategic Plans.
- Provide a framework and understanding to the foundation in order to attract donors to the institute and research centers.
- Foster collaboration between research areas such as basic science, clinical research, outcomes research and research specialties.
- Define the research centers for researchers and research staff to provide a common understanding of the direction of the research centers and how everyone will be part of achieving the center goals.
- Define the research centers for clinicians and clinical staff in order to drive involvement and partnership with the research centers.
- Define and publicize the research centers externally to build public awareness of the excellence of Children’s Research Institute and attract the best and brightest the scientific community has to offer.
The centers to be physically housed on a Children’s research facility have by necessity started this process first.
Learn more about the process and who was involved: