Heart and Blood Conditions
- For appointments in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Federal Way, Olympia, Tri-Cities and Wenatchee, call 206-987-2515.
- For appointments in Tacoma and Silverdale, call 253-272-1812.
- For appointments in Alaska, call 907-339-1945.
If this is a medical emergency, call 911.
- Seattle Children's Main Campus: 206-987-2515
- Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center: 425-454-4644
- Everett: 425-304-6080
- South Clinic in Federal Way: 253-838-5878
- Olympia: 360-459-5009
- South Sound Cardiology Clinics: 253-272-1812
- Tri-Cities (Richland): 509-946-0976
- Wenatchee: 509-662-9266
- Pediatric Cardiology of Alaska: 907-339-1945
- Seattle Children's doctors provide many cardiac services at regional sites throughout the Pacific Northwest. See our complete list of Heart Center locations.
- If you are a provider, fax a New Appointment Request Form (NARF) (PDF) (DOC) to 206-985-3121 or 866-985-3121 (toll-free).
- No pre-referral work-up is required for most conditions. If you have already done testing such as an EKG, Holter monitor or echocardiogram, please fax this information as well as relevant clinic notes and the NARF to 206-985-3121 or 866-985-3121 (toll-free).
- Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the provider who is the best match for managing the current problem.
- View our complete Heart Center Referral Information (PDF).
Pericarditis often gets better on its own after a few days or weeks. After checking your child’s condition, your doctor may suggest that your child get extra rest and take an over-the-counter medicine to help relieve their pain and inflammation.
In more painful or severe cases, your doctor may prescribe stronger medicines for inflammation.
If a bacterial infection is the cause, the doctor may recommend medicine (antibiotics).
When pericarditis causes problems with the heart’s ability to pump blood, other treatments may be needed. If the amount of fluid is large, it may need to be drained.
Contact the Heart Center at 206-987-2015 for a cardiac referral, a second opinion or more information.