- Scientists Discover Area of Brain Responsible for Exercise Motivation
Scientists Discover Area of Brain Responsible for Exercise Motivation
- Dr. Mark Del Beccaro Named Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer of Seattle Children's
DelBeccaro will replace current CMO, Dr. David Fisher, who is retiring in October
- New Study Helps Scientists Better Understand Why HIV Causes Life-long Infection
HIV integrating into cancer genes sustains infection
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Appoints Chief Research Information Officer
Newposition will oversee new and existing research information technology applications
- New Research Uncovers Genetic Identifier, Common Physical Traits for Autism; May Allow Clinicians to Determine Risk for Babies Still In Utero
First connection between a genetic event, physical features and autism
- Dr. Thomas N. Hansen, CEO of Seattle Children's, to Retire in 2015
Board of Trustees initiates national search for replacement
- First-of-Its-Kind Pediatric Research and Funding Collaboration to Speed Development of Medications for Autoimmune Diseases
Seattle Children’s Research Institute and Kineta Launch the Alliance for Children’s Therapeutics
- Kids, Teens More Likely to Wear Life Jackets if Adults Wear Them, Yet Use Remains Low Among Adults, New Studies Show
Researchers at Seattle Children’s and UW Medicine encourage more adults to be role models for kids and wear water safety... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Secures $3 million for Seattle-PAP Infant Breathing Support Invention
Grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will fund clinical trials as the device’s next step in its path to broad use
- NIAID Awards $5.3 Million to Seattle Children’s Research Institute in Conjunction with Micronics for Development of Global Surveillance of Influenza Strains at Point-of-Care
TimRose, PhD, co-director of the Center for Global Infectious Disease Research, in partnership with Micronics, Inc., has been... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Treats 125 Patients in January Who Lost Contracted Access Through Washington’s Health Benefit Exchange
Ailments range from craniofacial disorders to a neck mass; cost of treatments denied by non-contracted Exchange plans have... cont.
- One Big KISS for Seattle Children’s Hospital Radiothon Raises $881,720
Morning show host Bender brought the stories of Children’s patients, families, staff and volunteers to their listeners across... cont.
- $187.6 Million to Seattle Children’s, UW School of Law and The Salvation Army
Seattle philanthropist's trust will fund pediatric research, legal education and caring for families in need
- NIH Awards $9.8 Million to Seattle Children’s for Cystic Fibrosis Research
Researchers to conduct clinical trials, manage national data coordinating center
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Appoints New Co-Directors for Childhood Infections and Prematurity Research
Seattle Children’s Research Institute announces new co-directors of the Center for Childhood Infections and Prematurity Research
- Majority of Washington’s Health Benefit Exchange Insurance Plans Fail to Cover Care at Seattle Children’s; Hospital Sues Seeking Adequate Network Coverage for Children and Families
Omitting coverage for care at a facility like Children’s prevents families from accessing vital services they may desperately... cont.
- Seattle Children’s, Security Properties and UW break ground on 184-unit Bridges@11th employee housing in University District
Bridges@11th will offer priority access to Children's and UW employees
- Life Sciences Discovery Fund Grants $1 Million to Seattle Children’s Research Institute for Wash. Cancer Immunotherapy Initiative
BenTowne Foundation pledges additional $1 million to support project
- Burnett family and Tessera give $7 million to Seattle Children’s to support lifelong services for adults with autism
Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center will provide resources for adults with autism spectrum disorders
- Seattle Children’s makes $500,000 grant to Puget Sound Bike Share
Seattle Children’s Hospital and Puget Sound Bike Share have exciting news about the future of bike sharing in Seattle.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital appoints new division chief for cardiothoracic surgery
Jonathan Chen, MD, is the new co-director of Seattle Children’s Heart Center and division chief for pediatric cardiothoracic... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital receives designation as first Level IV neonatal intensive care unit in Washington
The Washington State Department of Health has designated the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Seattle Children’s... cont.
- Franciscan Health System Opens Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Partnership with Seattle Children’s Neonatology
- Seattle Children’s Hospital opens Building Hope expansion and first teen and young adult cancer unit
Cancer and critical care patients move in April 21; emergency department opens April 23
- Stand Up To Cancer and the St. Baldrick’s Foundation Grant $1.86 Million to Seattle Children’s Research Institute
Dream Team of seven institutions receive $14.5 million to develop therapies for most challenging-to-cure childhood cancers
- 106.1 KISS FM’s “One Big KISS for Seattle Children’s Hospital Radiothon” Raises $1 Million
- Boeing Family Gifts $1.5 Million to Seattle Children’s for Building Hope Expansion
Contributions will fund rooftop terrace and other expansion initiatives
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Opens Clinic in Wenatchee
Seattle Children’s Wenatchee Clinic makes pediatric specialty care easily accessible to North Central Washington families
- Seattle Children’s Prepares for Hospital Expansion with Pacific Northwest-themed Directional Wayfinding System
Sensory cues will help patients and families more easily navigate the hospital
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Appoints New Director for Tissue and Cell Sciences Research
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Helps Identify Causes of Sagittal Craniosynostosis
International team finds genes associated with condition that causes premature skull fusion
- Combating a crisis: Global burden of preterm birth can be reduced if critical actions are taken
New surveys show research and funding is uncoordinated, lacking a cohesive agenda. Article in American Journal of Obstetrics... cont.
- Innovative Research Projects Aim to Prevent Preterm Birth
- Seattle Children’s Hospital to Provide Neonatal Intensive Care at Franciscan Health System Birth Centers
- HHS Grants $3.6 Million for Obesity Prevention and Tobacco Control in South Seattle and South King County
Funding Awarded to Seattle Children’s Hospital, Public Health - Seattle & King County and Healthy King County Coalition... cont.
- NIH Awards $12 Million for Gene Therapy Work
Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, U Penn, UW, WSU push toward clinical trials for... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Appoints Wes Wright Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Mr.Wright moves into his new role to support and oversee Children’s information technology and data management processes
- Children's Golf Classic Raises $7M for Seattle Children's Hospital
TheFriends of Costco Guild, led by Jan Sinegal and Lynn Winters, raised $7M for Seattle Children’s Hospital at the 13th annual... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Appoints Dr. Ruth McDonald to Pediatrician-in-Chief
Dr.McDonald moves into her new role to improve treatment outcomes and patient experiences throughout Seattle Children’s
- Research and Philanthropy Leaders Focus Agenda on Preterm Birth— 2nd Leading Cause of Death for Children
Leaders of international philanthropic and research organizations are convening in Seattle to address the global crisis of... cont.
- Study Finds New Gene Mutations that Lead to Enlarged Brain Size, Cancer, Autism, Epilepsy
Researchers shed light on molecular cause of childhood’s worst conditions as first step toward developing more effective... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Lands $1.1 Million NIH Grant for Science Adventure Lab
Access to Science Education Increased for Washington State Kids, Families
- Web-based Tool Helps Parents Improve on Kids’ Asthma Treatment
Website may help curb healthcare costs, kids affected by chronic condition
- Adolescents and Young Adults with Mental Health Disorders at Risk of Long-Term Opioid Use
Patients ages 13 to 24 given opioids for pain more than twice as likely to become addicted if they have mental health... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Ranked 6th Among Nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals According to U.S. News & World Report
Children’s cancer, nephrology, urology and neurology/neurosurgery programs in nation’s top ten.
- Seattle Children’s Names Cindy Evans Senior Vice President of Hospital Operations
New role oversees ambulatory, emergency, diagnostic, therapeutic and support services, as well as initiatives to improve... cont.
- 100th Patient Gets a New Heart at Seattle Children’s Hospital
5-month-old received this milestone transplant at Children’s
- New Report Shows 15 Million Babies Born Too Soon Every Year; Calls for Increased Research into Prevention
Prematurity now the second-leading cause of death worldwide in children under age 5
- Researchers Pinpoint Genetic Pathway of Rare Facial Malformation in Children
Two Distinct Mutations Cause “Question Mark Ears Syndrome,” Study Finds
- Zip Code as Important as Genetic Code in Childhood Obesity
Neighborhood supermarket and park proximity directly related to obesity, study finds
- Seattle Children’s Names New Hospital President
Lisa Brandenburg to assume role immediately
- Seattle Children’s Hospital to Provide 24/7 Pediatric Hospitalist Services at Providence St. Peter Hospital
Children’s pediatricians will work in Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, providing care for the youngest... cont.
- Resurrecting outdoor play time
Seattle Children's Dr. Pooja S. Tandon offers tips for increasing children's daily outdoor playtime
- Nearly Half of Preschool Children Not Taken Outside to Play by Parents on a Daily Basis: Study
Girls less likely to play outside compared with boys
- Middle School Teacher Support Lowers Risk for Early Alcohol Use
Youth with parental separation anxiety also at decreased risk
- New Biorepository Opens in Seattle to Help Uncover Mysteries of Pregnancy and Childbirth
Rare combination of pregnancy specimens and data now available to scientists working to improve maternal, newborn, and... cont.
- Reproductive Health Providers Should Discuss Environmental Exposure Risks with Patients
Simple recommendations help reduce harmful exposures for women
- One Big KISS for Seattle Children’s Hospital Radiothon Raises $1.07 Million
106.1 KISS FM raised 1,073,427.12 for Seattle Children’s during its 11th annual “Jackie and Bender’s One Big KISS for... cont.
- Seattle Children’s supporting efforts to implement universal screening for heart disease in newborns
Pulse oximetry has the potential to identify problems early and save lives
- Keeping Teens Healthy and Injury-Free During the Spring Sports Season
An Eight Step Guide for Parents
- Study Finds New Genes that Cause Baraitser-Winter Syndrome, a Brain Malformation
Research reveals new clues about cell function
- Researchers Find Genetic Variation Associated with Type 1 Diabetes
Findings could lead to more efficient treatment, earlier detection of diabetes
- New Recommendations Aim to Improve Screenings for Sudden Cardiac Death in Student Athletes
Researchers from Seattle Children’s & UW find few doctors follow American Heart Association guidelines
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Hosts “Eighth Annual Pediatric Bioethics Conference” on July 27 and 28
Healthcare leaders to address ethical complexities of balancing personal values with professional responsibilities in... cont.
- $5 Million to Seattle Children’s Research Institute Accelerates Local Efforts to Cure Childhood Cancer
Children’s honors Ben Towne Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation’s gift by renaming cancer research center: Ben Towne... cont.
- New Video Series from the Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program Shows How Teens and Young Adults Talk About Cancer
The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Oncology Program at Seattle Children’s Hospital has released a new video series on... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Opens Urgent Care Clinic in Mill Creek for Children, Teens and Young Adults
Hospital’s Third Urgent Care Clinic Joins Sites in Seattle and Bellevue
- Powerpuff Girls vs. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: Media Impact on Early Childhood Development
Special post by cont.
- Statement on Pat Hagan’s Departure: From Thomas Hansen, MD, CEO at Seattle Children’s
Statement on Pat Hagan’s Departure
- Study Uncovers Clues to What Makes Anesthetics Work
Researchers say discovery may reveal new uses of existing medications to reverse anesthesia
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Gains International Recognition for its Life-Saving ECMO Program
ELSO Award Signifies Commitment to Exceptional Patient Care and Assurance of the Highest Quality Standards in ECMO... cont.
- Study Finds Headaches after Traumatic Brain Injury Highest in Adolescents and Girls
Headaches more frequent in youth three months after mild traumatic head injuries compared to those with arm injuries
- Study Finds Washington State Pediatricians Receiving Regular Requests for Alternative Childhood Immunization Schedules
First of its kind study examines alternative immunization schedule occurrence rates in Washington state and pediatricians’... cont.
- Quest to End Premature Births Worldwide Takes Momentous Step Forward
Gates Foundation grants $20 Million to GAPPS at Seattle Children’s to engage researchers from around the world in... cont.
- Study Shows New Medication Effectively Treats Underlying Cause of Cystic Fibrosis
Final stage clinical trial shows significantly improved lung function in subset of CF patients
- Doctor’s Office Closed? Seattle Children’s Main Hospital Urgent Care Clinic Can Help
New Seattle Location Provides Option to the Emergency Room for Children Needing After Hours Non-Emergency Medical... cont.
- $65 Million to Seattle Children’s Benefits Research, Nursing and Clinical Care
Two transformative gifts will help Children’s deliver superior patient care, and advance new healthcare discoveries and... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Appoints Stephanie Axelrod to Vice President of Community Relations
Newly created role will help build awareness of philanthropic funding needs for research
- Seattle Children’s, Little People of America and Caffe Ladro to “Stand Tall for Little People” in October
Local Espresso Bar and Bakery Shrinks Logo to Kick-off National Dwarfism Awareness Month
- Child Health Leaders Announce Launch of Vax Northwest Partnership
Five-year initiative will address the growing rates of Washington State parents opting out of vaccinating their... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Recommends Strategies for Reducing Childhood Obesity Rates
Insights featured in Obesity Article Series in Pediatrics
- Study finds over 70 percent of suicidal teens don’t get the mental health services they need
Study suggests improved screening for suicidal tendencies by primary care providers is needed
- Nation’s first all-electric-vehicle commuting program kicks off in Seattle
Metro’s electric-vehicle Metropool program debuts at Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Seattle Children’s Invention Lands Major Funding with Hopes of Saving Thousands of Infant Lives Globally Each Year
Receives $2.3 million from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to complete development of affordable respiratory support... cont.
- Children's Golf Classic Raises $7.1M for Seattle Children's Hospital
Tournament raises $7.1M for Children’s uncompensated care program
- Caring for kids: Skagit Valley Hospital partners with Seattle Children’s Hospital for 24/7 pediatric hospitalist program
Seattle Children’s physicians will work in Skagit Valley Hospital, caring for young patients throughout the hospital
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Wins Technology Award for Innovative Cloud Client Computing Approach
Implementation of Wyse Industry-Leading Zero Clients Will Improve Delivery of Care, Streamline Work and Reduce IT Costs... cont.
- Seattle Children’s and Puget Sound Blood Center Open New Blood Lab
On-site at Children’s, the transfusion service blood laboratory will increase efficiencies in blood operations and improve... cont.
- Exploring the Limits of Children’s Healthcare: What’s the Reality of Providing Care to All?
Leaders in the field debate ethical and policy complexities of providing healthcare to children at Seattle Children’s 2011... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Opens New Center for Childhood Cancer Research
Center’s immunotherapy research may eliminate the need for surgery, chemotherapy and radiation
- Studies Examine Impact of Media Use Among Youth, Recommend Preventative Measures
Researchers validate concerns with Internet addiction among college students, and the link between media use and sleep... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Launches “Teenology 101” Blog for Parents and Caregivers of Teens
Blog provides insight and advice for parents navigating the teen years
- Seattle Children’s Robotics Program Celebrates Five Years of Life-Changing Procedures
Five year milestone marked with Blinky the Surgeonator’s Surprise Birthday Party: cont.
- Seattle Children’s Ranked 7th Among Nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals According to U.S. News & World Report
Children’s cancer, cont.
- Study Finds Highest Reported Bisphenol A (BPA) Concentration in Pregnant Woman and Associated Abnormalities in Infant
Possible link between high prenatal BPA levels and neonatal neurobehavioral abnormalities; study advises pregnant women to... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Celebrates Growth With Site Dedication Ceremony
First phase of expansion will open for service in 2013
- Seattle Children’s Autism Center Launches Blog to Offer Perspective on Raising a Child with Autism
Blog offers a practitioner’s perspective on topics relevant to parenting a child with autism
- Washington State Budget Proposal Limits Access to Healthcare
Washington state budget proposal would cut healthcare coverage for children throughout the state, including approximately $50... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Expansion - One Year In
On the one year anniversary of Seattle City Council’s approval of the Seattle Children’s expansion master plan, the... cont.
- iPhone app helps doctors prepare for medical emergencies
Doctors perform better with iResus app than relying on memory
- Seattle Children's, MultiCare Mary Bridge Collaborate to Focus on Cardiac Services for South Sound Patients
Relationship brings together expertise from region's pediatric healthcare leaders
- Setting Context: Acceptable Radiation Exposure Levels & Potassium Iodide
NOTE: The below provides information as of March 18, 2011 and is based upon the medical expertise of: radiology, environmental... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Celebrates Opening of New Dialysis Unit
Milestone marked on World Kidney Day, Helping Raise Awareness for Kidney Disease
- One Big KISS for Seattle Children’s Hospital Radiothon Raises $1.09 Million
Radio hosts Jackie and Bender brought the stories of Children’s patients, families, staff and volunteers to their listeners... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Awarded Accreditations from Commission of Cancer and ABRET
First standalone children’s hospital in Western United States to receive ABRET EEG Laboratories Accreditation
- Seattle Children’s statement on Jan. 2011 DOH findings
Seattle Children’s official statement
- Editorial Highlights Need for Changes in Ethics of Biomedical Research
Seattle Children’s Research Institute bioethicists urge scientific community to address long-standing systemic... cont.
- Study Suggests How Pediatricians May Improve Relationships with Patients and Their Parents
Researchers recommend strategies for physicians when relating to particularly stressed or overburdened parents
- New Study Takes First Steps to Improve the Quality of Health Care for Chronically Ill Children
Data mining method helps hospitals better identify needs of their sickest patients and could reduce health care costs
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute Receives $100,000 Grand Challenges Explorations Grant for Innovative Global Health Research
Grant will support a Seattle Children's Research Institute global health project
- Medical Director's Statement on Nov. 2010 DOH Findings
Statement by Dr. David Fisher, Senior Vice President and Medical Director
- Patient Safety Day Strengthens Seattle Children’s Efforts to Improve Medication Safety
Over 550 nurses, doctors, pharmacists and staff members gathered to review and recommend immediate and future safety... cont.
- Most Preschool-Age Children Get Double the Daily Recommended Screen Time
Study finds children in home-based child care get the most screen-time
- High Blood Pressure May Have Worse Affect on Younger Black Children
Research led by Joseph Flynn, MD, MS of Seattle Children’s Hospital and the University of Washington and a team of researchers... cont.
- Our Dedication to Improving Patient Safety: Next Steps
As our staff and medical staff have come together in forums to discuss the recent patient safety incidents, they have shown... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Serious Reportable Events Occurring Between 2004-2010
Adverse events are defined as episodes of care in which a patient is harmed, or is at risk for harm, based on medical... cont.
- Medical Director's Statement from Sept. 30 Press Briefing
Statement by Dr. David Fisher, Senior Vice President and Medical Director
- Seattle Children’s Adverse Health Events Occurring During a Six-Year Period (2004-2010)
Health care adverse events are defined as episodes of care in which a patient is harmed, or is at risk for harm, based on... cont.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Names Seattle Children’s Dentist Board of Trustees Officer
Dr.Joel Berg of Seattle Children’s Hospital and the University of Washington has been named vice president of the American... cont.
- Seattle Children’s Among Local Organizations to Receive Funding to Increase Healthy Choices for King County Residents
Seattle Children's receives a healthy eating/active living grant as part of the CPPW initiative.
- A Look Into The Future: The First Phase of Seattle Children’s Hospital Expansion
Today, Seattle Children’s released a rendering showing what the hospital campus may look like in 2013.
- Childhood Obesity Linked to Neighborhood Social and Economic Status
Seattle Children’s, University of Washington, and Group Health study 8,000 King County children
- Seattle Children’s Ranked Among Best Children's Hospitals According to U.S. News & World Report
Children’s Kidney, cont.
- Bruder Stapleton, MD, Voted American Pediatric Society’s President-Elect
Bruder Stapleton, MD, chief academic officer and senior vice president at Seattle Children’s and professor and chair,... cont.
- Drowning Causes More Than 25% Of Unintentional Injury Deaths Among Children Throughout The World
International task force announces new guidelines for open water safety
- Green programs at Seattle Children’s have diverted 30 tons of pharma waste from landfills, saved more than $350,000 and 200,000 gallons of gasoline in 2009
Expanded sustainable waste management program helps reduce impact on landfills.
- University of Washington School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Ranked 8th in Nation
Seattle Children's Hospital is among the sites that train UW's pediatric physicians
- Seattle City Council Approves Seattle Children's Hospital Expansion Plans
First phase of new beds expected in 2013
- National Football League Names Seattle Children's Neurosurgeon New Co-Chair of NFL Head, Neck and Spine Medical Committee
Dr. Richard G. Ellenbogen of Seattle Children’s Hospital, Harborview Medical Center and the University of Washington School... cont.
- Pediatric ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) Patients Had Similar Outcomes Regardless of Participation in Clinical Trials at Seattle Children’s
Findings do not apply to high-risk ALL or other cancers
- One Big KISS for Seattle Children’s Hospital Radiothon Raises Nearly $937,000
KISS 106.1 raised $936,990.39 for Seattle Children’s Hospital during its 9th annual “Jackie & Bender’s One Big KISS for... cont.
- Reducing 13 million preterm births, 3.2 million stillbirths critical to meeting global maternal and child health goals
A new report led by the Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity and Stillbirth (GAPPS) identifies the enormous global impact... cont.
- New Study Possibly Links Cognitive and Motor Delays with 'Flat Head Syndrome' in Young Babies
In a new study, infants averaging six months of age who exhibited positional plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome) had lower... cont.
- Seattle Children’s and Laurelhurst Community Club Find Balance on Hospital Master Plan
Seattle Children’s Hospital and the Laurelhurst Community Club (LCC) announced that they have reached a settlement... cont.
- Consumer Reports Blood Infections and Patient Safety
At Children’s, we take central line infections seriously and have a goal to reduce central line associated blood stream... cont.
- Patient Safety - Protecting patients from errors and infections
Patient safety is at the core of our mission at Seattle Children’s Hospital and we continually strive to improve on all... cont.
- Fast Food Menus with Calorie Information Lead to Lower Calorie Selections for Young Children
In a new study, the amount of calories selected by parents for their child’s hypothetical meal at McDonald’s restaurants... cont.
- A Tale of Two Lives: Pediatrician Mom Blogs About Parenthood, Child Health Issues and Breaking Health News
Seattle Children’s Hospital today announced the launch of “Seattle Mama Doc”, a new pediatric health blog geared towards... cont.
- H1N1 Flu Vaccine Clinic for Children and Adolescents
Children’s will offer H1N1 flu vaccines to all children between the ages of six months and 18 years. If able, parents should... cont.
- Day Care May Double TV Time For Young Children, Study Finds
In a new study, the amount of television viewed by many young children in child care settings doubles the previous estimates... cont.
- Common Childhood Nausea and Diarrhea Lead to Wide Treatment and Cost Disparities Across U.S.
In a new study publishing in the December issue of Pediatrics, the common childhood condition of acute... cont.
- Children’s Hospital Shares Inside Look at Capacity Woes; 79 Children Diverted this Year
Children's CEO urges swift action by City Council on hospital expansion
- One World 2011 Medical Conference
One significant event scheduled as part of One World 2011 is a medical conference organized by Seattle Children's Hospital,... cont.
- Mobile ‘Science Adventure Lab’ Brings Science Education to Washington Schools and 5,000 Students
With microscopes aligned, pipettes poised and centrifuges ready to spin, Seattle Children's... cont.
- Children's Views Hearing Examiner Denial as Unreasonable
Today Seattle’s Hearing Examiner recommended in a cont.
- First Day of School Health Checklist: What every parent should know
Experts at Seattle Children’s Hospital have put together a Healthy Child Checklist to ensure that children - and parents -... cont.
- Seattle Researchers to Test H1N1 Flu Vaccine
Group Health Cooperative is collaborating with the University of Washington (UW) Department of... cont.
- Children's Hospital Among Nation's Best According to U.S. News & World Report
U.S.News & World Report magazine placed Seattle Children’s Hospital among the... cont.
- Language Use Decreases in Young Children and Caregivers When Television is On, Study Finds
In a new study, young children and their adult caregivers uttered fewer vocalizations, used fewer words and engaged in fewer... cont.
- Common Autism Medication is Ineffective for Repetitive Behaviors, Study Finds
Citalopram (Celexa), a medication commonly prescribed to children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD), was no more... cont.
- Update from Public Health - Seattle & King County
As Public Health - Seattle & King County continues to monitor H1N1 influenza (swine flu) in... cont.
- Harborview and Seattle Children's Hospital Launch Sports Concussion Program
UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s are launching a sports concussion program for children, teen and adult athletes to... cont.
- Mouse Study Shows Fetal Heart Can Grow Healthy Cells to Compensate for Disease Damage
Some heart disease in humans may originate from damage in the womb, study suggests.
- Doctors Perform Breakthrough Non-Surgical Heart Valve Replacement in Children with Congenital Heart Defects
One of only five pediatric hospitals in the U.S. to offer this alternative to open-heart surgery.
- Seattle Children's Hospital Selects Microsoft Amalga to Help Drive Improvements in Operations, Research and Pediatric Care
Seattle Children’s Hospital has selected Microsoft Amalga, the unified intelligence system, as its data platform to provide... cont.
- Seattle Children's Hospital Awarded Highest Recognition for Nursing Excellence
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) has awarded Magnet status to Seattle Children’s Hospital in recognition for... cont.
- Older Antipsychotic Drugs as Effective as Newer Ones in Children with Schizophrenia
Nearly every child who receives an antipsychotic medicine is first prescribed one of the second-generation, or “atypical”... cont.
- Researchers Associate Aberrations in Chromosome with Broad Range of Disorders and Levels of Impairment in Children
Researchers have discovered a submicroscopic aberration in a particular region of human chromosome 1q21.1 that appears to be... cont.
- Children's Hospital Concludes Successful Seven-Year Capital and Story Campaign
Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center announced today the conclusion of its seven-year capital campaign, The... cont.
- Bioethicists Grade Genetic Testing in Children and Adolescents
A Pandora’s box of genetic information exploded wide open when the human genome was mapped in 2003.