- Children's Hospital Appoints New Surgeon-in-Chief
Seattle, Wash. – Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center recently named Robert S. Sawin, M.D., as surgeon-in-chief... cont.
- Lenny Wilkens Charity Raises $100,000 for Children's Hospital's Odessa Brown Children's Clinic
Seattle, Wash.: The Lenny Wilkens Celebrity Golf Classic recently presented a gift of $100,000 to Children’s Hospital and... cont.
- State Approves Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery at Overlake Hospital Medical Center
Bellevue, Wash. - Overlake Hospital Medical Center received the Washington State Department of Health’s approval to provide... cont.
- Miracle Season Raises Over $100,000 for Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center
Seattle, Wash.: Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and KOMO television raised over $100,000 in pledges and... cont.
- Newman's Own Donates $100,000 to Children's Hospital
Donation supports hospital mission to treat every child.
- Children's Physician Receives National Award - Nigel Bamford, M.D.
Seattle: Nigel Bamford, M.D., was recently recognized as the 2002 national recipient of the Child Neurology Society’s Young... cont.
- Cantwell to Announce $3 Million Grant to Train 280 New Healthcare Workers
SEATTLE, WA – On Thursday, U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA), representatives from Children’s Hospital, and local workforce... cont.
- Children's Hospital Hosts Christmas in the Northwest CD Launch Party
Proceeds from holiday music CD featuring local artists to benefit Children’s Hospital.
- Children's Hospital's Research Mission Expands, Broadens
Children’s marks new era with lease of new space for research at 307 Westlake.
- Dentists, Doctors Improve Children's Oral Health Through Innovative Partnership
Kids’ overall health will benefit from program aimed at prevention, cost-effectiveness.
- New Coalition Focuses on Reducing Injuries to Seattle's Kids
Seattle, Wash. – Broken bones, scrapes, burns and the bruises of childhood may be dismissed as kids being kids, but the... cont.
- Close Monitoring Important to Reduce Risk of Adverse Effects from Large-Scale Smallpox Vaccination
CHICAGO — In a commentary in the October 16 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), smallpox... cont.
- Children's Hospital CEO Speaks Up on Behalf of Washington's Children
Seattle, Wash. – Treuman Katz, President and CEO of Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical... cont.
- Children's Hospital Hosts Annual Meeting of the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions
Healthcare leaders to address the changing face of pediatric medicine.
- Auction of Washington Wines Raises $1.3 Million for Children's Hospital
Seattle: Washington winemakers, wine grape growers, community leaders and wine enthusiasts raised more than $1.3 million at... cont.
- New Possibilities for Treating Deadly Childhood Brain Cancer Published in Journal ''Science''
Seattle: The results of a research project that revealed new possibilities for treating deadly childhood brain cancer were... cont.
- Research Grants May Lead to New Therapies for Treating Childhood Asthma
Seattle - Exercise-induced asthma, genetic immunology and ibuprofen are the subjects of research projects for which grant... cont.
- 164 Children's Physicians Named ''Best Doctors''
Seattle - Leading specialists from around the world were recently surveyed to discover the nation’s “Best Doctors.”
- Children's Hospital and UW Medical Center Ranked Among Nation's Best Hospitals
University of Washington Medical Center moved up one place in its ranking among the top hospitals in the country, according... cont.
- Children's Hospital Surgeon-in-Chief Dr. David Tapper Passes Away
Seattle, Wash. – Dr. David Tapper, surgeon-in-chief of Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center for the past 18... cont.
- Children's Hospital and University of Washington Conduct First Telemedicine Consultation with State Juvenile Rehabilitation Facility
Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and University of Washington health clinicians are conducting the first... cont.
- Increased Access to Healthcare for Children Leads to Decreased Hospitalization
Study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine suggests that the decline in hospitalization rates... cont.
- Children's Physician Receives National Award - Andrew Scharenberg, MD
Seattle: Andrew Scharenberg, MD, has been recognized as the 2002 national recipient of the Young... cont.
- Children's Hospital Patients to Compete in USA Swimming Disability Championships
Seattle, Wash.: Children’s Hospital patients Justin Fleming, Jerry Mitchell, and Gretchen Rosenkranz are competing June 13th... cont.
- Miracle Makers Telethon Raises $6.4 Million
Seattle: Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and KOMO 4 television raised $6.4 million... cont.
- U.S. Olympian Helps Celebrate Opening of Peter Pan Birthday Club
The new Peter Pan Birthday Club is a fun, easy way for kids to learn about volunteerism by helping other kids.
- Children's Hospital Helps Young Patients Celebrate America's Birthday with Happy Hats Day
National Happy Hats Day
- Children's Hospital Opens Specialty Clinic in Everett
Seattle: Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center will officially open its newest specialty clinic, Children’s... cont.
- Research Indicates Prevalent Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Amongst Chronically-ill Children
Seattle: Research at Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center revealed that 63 percent of pediatric patients with... cont.
- Stacy Keach to Visit Craniofacial Center at Children's Hospital
Stacy Keach was born with a cleft lip and partial cleft of the hard palate on June 2, 1941, and became an accomplished... cont.
- Child Health Advocates Urge Participation in Product Recall Roundup
Seattle - Consumers and members of the media are invited to a Recall Roundup to learn about previously recalled products... cont.
- Study Finds Chronically-Ill Children Increasingly Die at Home
Seattle, WA - Children who die with underlying chronic health conditions in Washington state increasingly do so at home.
- Children's Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Awarded Prestigious Design Citation
Seattle, WA: Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) was recently awarded the annual... cont.
- One Big Kiss for Children's Radiothon Raises $550,000 for Children's Hospital
Seattle, WA – KISS 106.1 FM, an Infinity broadcasting station, raised more than $550,000 for Children Hospital and Regional... cont.