Skip to main content

Search
News

Tiny Wire From BBQ Brush Lands Teen in Surgery

|

Tiny Wire From BBQ Brush Lands Teen in Surgery

May 10, 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/05/tiny-wire-from-bbq-brush-lands-teen-in-surgery/

 

Source - ABC News


Tristin Beck, 16, of Mountlake Terrace, Wash., was admitted to Seattle Children’s Hospital late last week, experiencing stomach pain and vomiting. On Sunday night, doctors performed exploratory surgery on his small intestine and found a problem no one expected, a wire from a grill brush. “We saw the glisten of metal off the light,” said Dr. Kimberly Riehle, a surgeon at Seattle Children’s.

Press Contacts for Media Interviews

Email for Media Interviews
press@seattlechildrens.org
Phone for Media Interviews
206-987-4500
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific time (non-holidays)
Urgent After Hours for Media Interviews
206-987-2000
Call switchboard to page Media Relations staff on call

Latest News

Doctor’s Advice: How to enjoy the hot weather safely
7.11.14 — Q13 Fox

Dr. Tony Woodward, medical director of emergency services at Seattle Children’s, discusses how to enjoy the hot weekend weather ... cont.

Teen Patient Gives MTV-Style Tour Of Seattle Children's Hospital
7.11.14 — Evening Magazine

A local teenager is using the “MTV Cribs” show format to show off an unlikely place: Seattle Children’s Hospital. This is the ... cont.

Seattle Scientist Trying To Disrupt HPV, Which Hacks Your Cells To Cause Cancer
7.11.14 — KPLU Radio

Most sexually-active people will pick up human papillomavirus at one time or another, and it’s very dangerous for a small ... cont.