Nutrition and Fitness
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a wonderful way to add vegetables to your plate and tastes even better the next day! You can easily cut this recipe in half.
Prep time: 25 minutes (not including chilling time)
- 3 cups of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- 15 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, raisins, red onions, walnuts, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serving size: ¾ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
46 g fat
11 g protein
670 mg sodium
42 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD