Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, this recipe may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Serve these tasty muffins for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
Prep time: 40 minutes
1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. skim milk
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 1/4 c. blueberries
3/4 c. raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
4 g fat
1 g sat. fat
23 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
18 mg cholesterol
227 mg sodium
103 mg calcium
1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Consider adding chopped nuts. You can use a variety of berries. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: June 2004
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.