Note: This recipe is especially for kids who need a
gluten-free diet. Kids who need a gluten-free diet must avoid
foods that contain gluten, which is a type of protein found in
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 24 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. raspberries
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the sugar, cream
cheese, and vanilla.
- Add eggs to cream cheese mixture one at a time and blend
after adding each egg.
- Line 24-cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners
3/4 of the way full with cream cheese batter.
- Divide raspberries evenly between the 24 cupcakes and
sprinkle on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees (176 degrees
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. A well will
form in the middle of each cupcake.
- Turn the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees
- In a small bowl, blend together topping ingredients. Using a
teaspoon, drop topping into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees
- Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Keep
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
6 g fat
3 g sat. fat
18 g carbohydrate
1.8 g fiber
53 mg cholesterol
181 mg sodium
55 mg calcium
0.2 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
These cupcakes freeze well. You can use other berries, such as
strawberries or blueberries.
Updated and reviewed by:
Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: May 2005
Originally reviewed by:
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.