Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This dish can be eaten for any meal of the day. And it freezes
- 9"pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. broiled/pan-fried bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (218 degrees Celsius).
- Whisk eggs and cream in a medium mixing bowl until well
- Stir cheese into egg mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon over pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 435 degrees Fahrenheit (223 degrees
Celsius). Then reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (162 degrees
Celsius) and bake for approximately 35 minutes longer. Quiche is
finished cooking when a knife inserted in the middle comes out
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before cutting.
1/8 of pie
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
20 g protein
52 g fat
732 mg sodium
164 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
You can use a variety of different cheeses. Try adding some
vegetables, such as onions or spinach.
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: December 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.