- 2 6-oz. salmon steaks (a normal portion size for meat and
fish is 3 oz.)
- butter or vegetable oil cooking spray or fat-free canola
- Preheat the broiler. Cover the broiling pan with aluminum
foil and lightly grease the foil with butter or vegetable oil
- Place the steaks on the pan and broil the salmon for 5
minutes. Turn the steaks carefully and broil the other side for 4
to 5 minutes or until the fish is firm but still springy and a
bit translucent in the center.
- Serve immediately topped with the sauce of your choice.
1 salmon steak
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
34 g protein
20 g fat
114 mg sodium
0 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4. Salmon freezes
well if prepared properly. Freeze each piece separately, wrapped
first in plastic and then in aluminum foil to preserve freshness
and facilitate defrosting.
Orange Ginger Sauce
Updated and reviewed by:
Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: May 2005
Originally reviewed by:
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.