Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This mashed potatoes recipe is untraditional - and delicious!
It's also packed with plenty of calcium to maximize bone
- 4 c. prepared instant potatoes
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 9 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, cheddar
cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, bacon, onion, salt, pepper,
- Place potato mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole
- To make the topping, place the melted butter, parmesan
cheese, bacon, and bread crumbs in another bowl and mix
- Spread topping mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
13 g protein
23 g fat
268 mg calcium
724 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.