Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This is an old family favorite, but it's loaded with
calories and fat so don't forget to take your enzymes if you
are pancreatic insufficient.
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 oz. mozzarella
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned
breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken
until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1 1/2 oz. of mozzarella
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley
- Pour cream mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
59 g protein
60 g fat
931 mg sodium
485 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to
add some veggies to your meal!
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.