Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) butter, melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 5 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom
layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the middle
layer and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar.
3 1/2-inch x 2 1/2-inch square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
18 g fat
378 mg sodium
77 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.