Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
Tastier than a mud pie and packed with calcium and calories,
this fun snack is an easy-to-make treat for kids.
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4.5 oz. package of vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 c. dry milk powder
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 gummy worms
- Stir together milk and heavy cream.
- With wire whisk, beat pudding mix and dry milk powder into
milk and cream mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Immediately pour pudding into 4 6-oz. clear cups.
- Put pudding into the refrigerator. Pudding will be soft-set
and ready to eat within 5 minutes.
- Serve with a gummy worm on top.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
10 g protein
31 g fat
282 mg calcium
650 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.