Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This scrumptious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can of enchilada sauce
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 c. tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a greased 1.5-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
51 g protein
35 g fat
1977 mg sodium
368 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: April 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.