Note: This simple and healthy snack is
designed especially for kids to make on their own.
- 2 "ready to eat" bananas (not too green and not too
- 1 6-8 oz. container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 popsicle sticks
- 1 sheet of wax paper
- 1 plate
- blunt knife
- Place wax paper on plate.
- Peel both bananas and cut in half.
- Put one popsicle stick in the flat end of each banana half so
they look like banana popsicles.
- Open container of vanilla yogurt and stir to mix well.
- Dip each banana into yogurt and turn back and forth a couple
- Remove and place on wax paper on plate.
- Once all four banana-pops are dipped, place plate with
bananas in freezer.
- Let freeze for 2 or more hours.
1 banana pop
Nutrition analysis (per serving):
1 g protein
0 g fat
16 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
10 mg sodium
50 mg calcium
.3 mg iron
Jessica Donze Black, RD, CDE, MPH, and Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: June 2006
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.