Note: This recipe is especially for pregnant
and breastfeeding women, but it can be a nutritious part of
almost anyone's diet. Pregnant and breastfeeding women need
to consume extra calories and eat a variety of nutritious foods
to contribute to their baby's growth and
- 1 6-inch flour tortilla
- 1/4 c. refried beans
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- salsa and low-fat sour cream for dipping
- Spread the refried beans on the tortilla and sprinkle on
cheese and green onion.
- Roll the tortilla and stick a toothpick through the
- Heat for 30 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Serve with salsa and low-fat sour cream as desired.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
13 g protein
13 g fat
6 g sat. fat
22 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
30 mg cholesterol
686 mg sodium
259 mg calcium
2 mg iron
9 mcg folic acid
Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands
Why this recipe is good for pregnant or breastfeeding
This recipe can be a fast snack or part of a meal for a busy
pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: July 2005
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.