Note: This recipe is especially for kids with
lactose intolerance. Kids with lactose intolerance often need to
limit or avoid dairy products.
Enjoy this creamy chicken dish with a bit of Indian flare. This
entree is a good source of protein.
- 2 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. plain or vanilla soy yogurt (lactose free)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow
- Add chicken to yogurt sauce and coat evenly.
- Place chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Spoon remainder of yogurt sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until it's no longer pink
in the middle.
1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
32 g protein
5 g fat
1 g sat. fat
9 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
84 mg cholesterol
81 mg sodium
42 mg calcium
1.9 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
Tastes great with couscous or rice and steamed vegetables.
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: November 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.