Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This creamy chicken dish is a quick and easy
meal to make on busy weeknights.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 1 1/2-oz. slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp. white cooking wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 c. stuffing mix
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with cheese slices.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup (freeze the remainder of the
soup for later use) and wine or chicken broth. Mix well.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix stuffing crumbs and butter together.
Put bread crumbs on top of chicken.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Be sure that chicken is no longer
1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
55 g protein
27 g fat
1083 mg sodium
432 mg calcium
Note: Cooking wine was used in this nutritional analysis.
Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with your favorite rice or pasta dish.
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.