Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This recipe is a wonderful way to add vegetables to your plate
and tastes even better the next day! You can easily cut this recipe
25 minutes (not including chilling time)
- 3 c. of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 15 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli, raisins, red onions, walnuts,
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar, and
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
33 g fat
11 g protein
814 mg sodium
50 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.