Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This recipe is a high-calorie, calcium-dense twist on a tasty
- 1 4.9-oz box of scalloped potato mix
- 1 2/3 c. boiling water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir potatoes and sauce mix, water, heavy cream, butter, and
cheese in an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until top is light
golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
9 g protein
34 g fat
824 mg sodium
217 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.