Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This interesting twist on the traditional breakfast favorite is
easy to make and a great way to start off the day.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. jelly
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread.
- Spread jelly on the other two slices of bread.
- Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs and cream together.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well.
- Place in skillet and brown both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
20 g protein
53 g fat
738 mg sodium
99 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: July 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.