Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially
for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF often need to
consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional
This breakfast is packed with calories and protein to provide a
significant amount of energy to help start your day.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 small cooked sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/2 flour tortilla, cut into 1" squares
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped vegetables (onions and green or red
- 2 tsp. butter
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and heavy whipping cream with a
wire whisk until well blended.
- Add cooked sausage, tortillas, cheese, and chopped vegetables
to the egg mixture and stir until blended.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high
- Add egg mixture to skillet.
- As the eggs begin to set, stir the eggs slightly so that the
uncooked portion flows to the bottom.
- Cook until the eggs are no longer runny, about 3 to 5
- Garnish with cayenne pepper to taste.
1 1/2 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
28 g protein
43 g fat
901 mg sodium
316 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with toast and lots of butter.
Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N, CNSD
Date reviewed: April 2003
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice,
diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2009 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.