Safety and Wellness
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This creamy milkshake provides a significant amount of calories to help meet your elevated energy needs. It's also packed with calcium to help make your bones strong.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 instant breakfast packet, any flavor
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup ice cream, any flavor
- blender (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Serving size: 1½ cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
17 g protein
34.5 g fat
286 mg sodium
645 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Make different flavors using a variety of ice cream and instant breakfast flavors. Or try adding strawberries or other fruit for a twist.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD