The Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) Provider Course is designed to increase the pediatric healthcare provider’s knowledge and skills necessary to assess early signs of respiratory failure and shock, provide early emergent interventions and alert the appropriate Advanced Life Support (ALS) response team.
PEARS is for healthcare providers such as medical and surgical nurses, school nurses, homecare nurses, emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and any other healthcare provider who infrequently sees critically ill infants and children.
The one-day PEARS Provider course is for healthcare providers taking the PEARS course for the first time, or for those whose PEARS Provider status has expired. The content taught in the course includes:
- Pediatric assessment
- High–Quality Infant and Child BLS, including skills testing
- Recognition and management of respiratory problems
- Recognition and management of shock
- Recognition and management of cardiac arrest
- Resuscitation team concept
Read the PEARS Provider course flyer (PDF).