This is a hands-on interactive course. To successfully pass the course, the learner must complete the Provider Curriculum, Part 1 and 2.
Provider Curriculum, Part 1
- Participants are required to self-study using the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th edition.
- The NRP Provider exams and eSim cases are done on the HealthStream Learning Management System.
- Provide verification of completion of the Provider Curriculum, Part 1 on the day of the course.
Provider Curriculum, Part 2
The instructor-led event is used for hands-on practice and simulation/debriefing. NRP instructors support and evaluate individual skills, then integrate skills and knowledge with essential components of teamwork during simulated neonatal resuscitation scenarios.
During the instructor-led event, the learner must:
- Demonstrate each neonatal resuscitation skill
- Demonstrate knowledge of the NRP Resuscitation Algorithm, while integrating cognitive and technical knowledge
Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2, participants are able to complete an online course evaluation and obtain the NRP eCard. Your NRP Provider status is valid for two years.