SimBaby is a portable, high-fidelity human patient simulator, and is an effective tool for practicing complex medical management, teamwork and communication-focused scenarios.
SimBaby has the following features:
- Oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airways
- Bag-Valve-Mask ventilation
- Oro-and nasotracheal intubation
- LMA insertion
- Gastric tube insertion
- Tongue edema
- Pharyngeal swelling
- Right mainstem intubation
- Gastric distention
- Spontaneous breathing with variable rate, depth and regularity
- Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
- Normal and abnormal breath sounds – bilateral
- Oxygen saturation
- See-saw respiration
- Unilateral chest movement
- Unilateral breath sounds
- Unilateral needle thoracentesis mid-clavicular
- Extensive ECG library with rate from 20–360
- CPR compressions generate palpable pulses and blood pressure waveform and generates artifacts on ECG
- Radial, brachial and femoral pulses synchronized with ECG
- Pulse strength variable with BP
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Intraosseous insertion – bilateral
- IV bolus and infusion
- Vocal: Crying, coughing, hiccup and other
- Lung: Normal, crackles, stridor, wheezes and other
- Heart: Normal, diastolic murmur, systolic murmur and other
If you would like to learn more about SimBaby, please visit the Laerdal website.
SimNewB is a NRP-focused interactive neonatal simulator intended to simulate the first 10 minutes of life.
With realistic newborn traits and lifelike clinical feedback, SimNewB helps neonatal healthcare providers improve team dynamics, build confidence and practice in a risk-free environment.
Along with many of the features of SimBaby, SimNewB also contains the following features:
- Unilateral needle thoracentesis, mid-axillary
- Umbilical and brachial pulse
- Patent, cuttable umbilicus with venous and arterial access for bolus or infusion
- Movement in all four limbs: Limp, tone, spontaneous motion and seizure
If you would like to learn more about SimNewB, please visit the Laerdal website.
Mobile Skills Station
Our Mobile Skills Station is intended for training airway management and IV access.
Available equipment includes:
- Adult airway
- Child airway
- Infant airway
- Various airway devices: Bag-valve mask, nasopharyngeal airways, oropharyngeal airways, laryngeal mask airways, endotracheal tubes
- Intravenous access child arm
- Intravenous access adult arm