Nutrition and Fitness
Peanut Butter Muffins
Prep time: 35 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ¼ c. banana (about 1 banana), mashed with a fork
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- ¼ c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (left out of the freezer until it's soft)
- ¼ c. nonfat dry milk
- 2¼ c. flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and use a fork to beat them a little bit.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again.
- Line a muffin tine with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When your muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack. Then it's time to taste and share!
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
6 g protein
10 g fat
25 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
36 mg cholesterol
223 mg sodium
81 mg calcium
1.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N