The Therapy Pool at Seattle Children's Hospital provides aquatic therapy, water-play sessions, swim lessons and adult swims for patients and community members. See pool hours and program updates.
The pool is heated to 93 degrees. It is 15 yards long, 2 to 5 feet deep and equipped with accessible lifts.
Services We Offer
- Aquatic therapy for patients who are staying in the hospital (inpatients) and children seen in our clinics (outpatients)
- Recreational family swims for inpatients and outpatients and their families on the day of an appointment
- Inpatients need their doctors' permission and the written orders on the inpatient swimming pool permission form before swimming. Inpatients must bring their signed permission form to the pool.
- Parents must sign a consent for outpatients and other family members. If you are unable to swim with your child, trained volunteers are often available to accompany your child in the pool.
- One-on-one instruction for children who have special needs (adapted aquatics)
- These sessions help children learn water safety skills and gain experience with locker rooms, pool decks and pool rules in a calm environment. These lessons are not covered by insurance and will have to be paid for out-of-pocket by the family. For more information about adapted swim lessons and to register, visit our Adapted Swim Lessons page.
- Evening swim lessons for children in our community ages 6 months to 5 years old
- Information on our swim lesson program is available by visiting our Facebook page. For more information about swim lessons, and to get added to the contact list, email us.
- Family swim times for families in the community
- This is a one-hour recreational swim time. Pre-registration is required. Family swim is offered during special hours.
- Warm-water adult independent exercise hours for employees, family members of patients and community adults
- Adult community members pay a small fee to use the pool.
Watch a Video About the Therapy Pool