Our social workers help you cope with the effects of your child's illness on your family.
Our team works closely with the Protection Program and the Journey Program, which provides bereavement support to help families cope with death or loss.
We work with interpreters in all languages, including sign language. We also have social workers who speak Spanish or Vietnamese.
Services We Offer
- Assessment of your family's strengths and needs in relation to your child's illness
- Referrals to community resources
- Education about access to healthcare
- Development of a plan to address your family's psychological and social needs
- Crisis intervention for patients and families
- Short-term counseling to help your family adjust to illness, make decisions or cope with grief
- Help in understanding behavior and in learning strategies to deal with behavior effectively
- Family violence assessment and safety planning
- Long-term help with bereavement through the Journey Program
- Collaboration with community partners to enhance services and their delivery
- Help with acquiring the resources you and your child need to be successful