Pediatric Palliative Care in a Multicultural Context
Please join us on July 19, 2018, for Pediatric Palliative Care in a Multicultural Context, a conference hosted by Seattle Children’s Hospital at Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle.
About the Conference
Join a distinguished group of leaders in healthcare diversity, equity and inclusion and specialists in pediatric palliative care to:
- Explore the themes of cultural diversity from the overarching level of national, racial and religious identity to the intimate level of the individual patients and their families.
- Investigate opportunities for innovation in clinical care and research that will inform pediatric palliative care in the increasingly interdependent world of the 21st century.
We would like to acknowledge the generous grant support from the Arthur Vining Davis Foundation which has made this conference possible.
This education course is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Washington State Chapter, for continuing education (CE) credit for social work licensed in Washington State only.
- Keynote speaker Anne Fadiman: What’s Changed Since Writing The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors and the Collision of Two Cultures
- Cultural Humility and Transforming Scripts of Inequality: Implications for Pediatric Palliative Care
- Whose Decision Is It Anyway? Decision-Making in the Culture of the Family
- Religion and End-of-Life Healthcare: Accommodating Differing Values, Norms and Ontologies
- Developing Culturally Based Palliative Care: Lessons From the American Rural South
Pricing and Registration
|Rate ||By June 15 ||After June 15 |
|Palliative Care conference only (general rate) ||$200 ||$250 |
|Palliative Care and Bioethics conferences (general rate) ||$450 ||$475 |
|Palliative Care conference only (Seattle Children’s employee rate) ||$175 ||$175 |
|Palliative Care and Bioethics conferences (Seattle Children’s employee rate) ||$400 ||$400 |
Note: Seattle Children’s Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics is holding their annual conference, When Cultures Clash: Navigating Ethical Degreements Related to Diversity, on July 20–21. Special discounted pricing is available for those who attend both conferences.
We have a limited block of rooms at the Edgewater Hotel (adjacent to the conference venue) at a special conference rate of $259/night, first come, first served. If you are looking to book outside of the July 18–20 dates, please call the hotel directly to book these rooms at 206-728-7000. Reference “Seattle Children’s Palliative Care and Bioethics.”
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle in July!