Pediatric Palliative Care in a Multicultural Context
Please join us on July 19, 2018, for Pediatric Palliative Care in a Multicultural Context, a conference hosted by Seattle Children’s Hospital at Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle.
About the Conference
Join a distinguished group of leaders in healthcare diversity, equity and inclusion and specialists in pediatric palliative care to:
- Explore the themes of cultural diversity from the overarching level of national, racial and religious identity to the intimate level of the individual patients and their families.
- Investigate opportunities for innovation in clinical care and research that will inform pediatric palliative care in the increasingly interdependent world of the 21st century.
- Keynote speaker Anne Fadiman: What’s Changed Since Writing The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors and the Collision of Two Cultures
- Cultural Humility and Transforming Scripts of Inequality: Implications for Pediatric Palliative Care
- Whose Decision Is It Anyway? Decision-Making in the Culture of the Family
- Religion and End-of-Life Healthcare: Accommodating Differing Values, Norms and Ontologies
- Developing Culturally Based Palliative Care: Lessons From the American Rural South
Pricing and Registration
|Rate ||By June 15 ||After June 15 |
|Palliative Care conference only (general rate) ||$200 ||$250 |
|Palliative Care and Bioethics conferences (general rate) ||$450 ||$475 |
|Palliative Care conference only (Seattle Children’s employee rate) ||$175 ||$175 |
|Palliative Care and Bioethics conferences (Seattle Children’s employee rate) ||$400 ||$400 |
Note: Seattle Children’s Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics is holding their annual conference, When Cultures Clash: Navigating Ethical Degreements Related to Diversity, on July 20–21. Special discounted pricing is available for those who attend both conferences.
We have a limited block of rooms at the Edgewater Hotel (adjacent to the conference venue) at a special conference rate of $259/night, first come, first served. If you are looking to book outside of the July 18–20 dates, please call the hotel directly to book these rooms at 206-728-7000. Reference “Seattle Children’s Palliative Care and Bioethics.”
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle in July!