Please bring the following information with you to your child's visit:
- Lab test request from your child's doctor, if it was not already sent to Seattle Children's
- Name and phone number of the doctor who referred your child to Seattle Children's
- Insurance cards and medical coupons
- Referrals or authorizations from your child's doctor, if you have them
Tips on preparing your child for a lab test:
- Feel free to ask questions before, during and after your child's test.
- Tell your child what will happen. Use short, simple words that your child knows. Be honest about what will happen and what may hurt.
- Stay calm for your child. If you act scared, your child will likely do the same.
- Bring quiet toys or activities from home. Use them to distract your child during the procedure. Good choices include bubbles, a puppet, a special stuffed animal or a personal music player. Another idea for young kids is to sing a song during your child's test.
- If you have questions about other ways to help your child cope, call our child life specialists at 206-987-2037.
- See the
page for tips on preparing for specific tests.
- For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see
Your Child's Clinic Visit