Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
The Laboratory Medicine and Pathology team studies blood, body fluids, tissues and other body samples to help diagnose, treat and monitor illnesses. At Seattle Children’s, our tests and procedures are designed to meet the special needs of babies, children and teens.
Tests that involve blood draws can be stressful, so we work with you to find the best approach to help your child through the procedure. Our tests use small samples so we can take the least amount of blood required. We deliver results quickly to the healthcare provider who ordered the test. Please contact your child's doctor's office for test results.
We have labs at our main campus in Seattle and at the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center.
- We provide services seven days a week in our lab near the Ocean entrance, Ocean 8 Lab.
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center
- The lab is on the 1st floor, near the check-in desk.
- Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed Sundays and holidays