Our Health Information Management Department maintains your child's medical records. Contact us when you want to request copies of your child's health information. We also help administer Seattle Children's privacy program.
Services We Offer
- Release of patients' health information. Parents and legal guardians may request release of their child's medical records. Please see further instructions below.
- Overseeing Children's privacy program. Children's is committed to keeping your child or teen's health information private and confidential.
How to Request Your Child’s Medical Records
Parents and legal guardians may ask for release of their child's health information (medical records) by filling out a request form and returning it to us.
It usually takes 7 to 15 working days from the time we get your request to the day your child’s records are delivered to you or to the person you authorize to receive them.
We have two request forms. You may fax, mail or deliver them to us:
- Fax: 206-985-3252
- Mail: Health Information Management, Seattle Children’s, MS OC.6.820, PO Box 5371, Seattle, WA 98145-5005
- Deliver: Health Information Management, Seattle Children’s, OC.6.820, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- Open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Authorization to Release Patient Health Information
Please use this form to get your child's medical records, or to send them to people other than school officials.
Authorization to Exchange Patient Information with School
Please use this form when you want to share your child's health information with school officials.