Childhood Communication Center
Childhood Communication Center Resources
We provide information on:
Tests and Procedures
Loeb Lending Library
All files are PDFs.
All files are PDFs.
Support Groups and Classes
Family Information Sessions
Education sessions on various topics for parents of children who are deaf/hard of hearing (DHH) and professionals including educators, audiologists, and speech-language pathologists.
- Empower Yourself Through Technology, February 29, 2012
Using the Internet and mobile technology to support DHH children and teens.
- Social Communication, October 8, 2011
Provides a basic understanding and tips for supporting social-emotional development, and communication in children and teens.
- 504 Plans for Children with Hearing Loss, February 15, 2011
Tips for working with the schools to effectively implement Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Deaf Culture from the Inside Out, August 20, 2009
Join presenters Brenda Leibman Aron and Len Aron on a journey through Deaf culture from both hearing and deaf perspectives.
- Executive Function in Children with Hearing Loss, May 25, 2011
This session provides an overview of executive functions (EF) and current research on EF in children with cochlear implants. It also provides resources for improving EF.
- IEP Meetings: Empower Yourself!, June 9, 2010
Eliminate confusion at your child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meeting as Carol Carrothers discusses the purpose and process of an IEP, what to expect of an IEP, and tips for active participation in IEP meetings.
- Life Outside the Classroom: Strategies for Community Participation, April 29, 2009
This session includes an overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act, assistive listening devices, captioning, advocacy and a Q-and-A with a panel of parents and young adults who are DHH.
- Searching for Causes of Hearing Loss: Current Approach to Evaluation, August 26, 2010
Kathleen Sie, MD, discusses current practices in the evaluation of childhood hearing loss.
Executive Function in Deaf/Hard of Hearing Children, October 13, 2012
Provides a basic understanding and tips for supporting the development of executive functions in children who are deaf/hard of hearing. Learn more (PDF) about the following presentations.