• Who do you bill for my child's care?

    If you have health insurance, we will bill your health insurance company when you've given us the information we need. You are responsible to pay the patient portion of the bill after your insurance processes the claim.

    If your child has Medicaid, Healthy Options or Basic Health Plan/Plus, or if your child is covered by Seattle Children's financial assistance, our services are covered, and you should not receive bills.

    back to top
  • How can I make sure you bill my insurance company?

    We will bill your insurance company if you:

    • Bring all of your insurance cards when you and your child visit Seattle Children's so that we can make copies of them. If you do not have the cards when you visit, you can fax us copies, along with your child's full name, to 206-985-3297.
    • Give us the name and telephone number of your insurance company if you do not have an insurance card.

    Please let us know as soon as possible about any changes in your insurance coverage so that we can bill correctly.

    back to top
  • Is my child's care covered by insurance?

    It depends on the services your child needs and your insurance benefits. Please check with your insurance company to see if your child's services are covered.

    Your insurance company can also tell you if you need to get the company's authorization or a referral from your child's primary care provider before your child gets care at Seattle Children's.

    back to top
  • My child has health insurance. How much do I owe?

    The benefits on each insurance policy are different.

    If you have questions about how much you may be responsible for as a co-pay, deductible or co-insurance amount, we recommend that you call your insurance company.

    back to top
  • When will the bill arrive?

    Once your insurance company has paid its part of the bill, we will bill you for your part. The time this process takes depends on your insurance company.

    back to top
  • What if my child has Medicaid, Healthy Options or Basic Health Plan/Plus, or has been granted Seattle Children's financial assistance?

    Medically necessary services are covered in full, and you should not receive bills.

    back to top
  • How can I get financial assistance?

    If you live in Washington, Alaska, Montana or Idaho, our financial specialists can help you find out if you qualify for Seattle Children's financial assistance.

    For more information, please see Financial Counseling.

    back to top
  • Have more questions?

    back to top