Why did I get more than one bill?
In most cases, you will receive two bills, although you might receive more.
- One of the bills will be from Seattle Children’s, and include things like:
- Facility charges for procedures, clinic appointments and room charges for staying overnight. (Your insurance company may identify your procedure as a “surgery” on the Explanation of Benefits they send you, even if you did not have a surgery.)
- Diagnostic testing, like lab or radiology (X-ray) services
- Therapy services, like audiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech and language services
- Professional services provided by Seattle Children’s nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, psychologists and pathologists
- The second bill will be from Children’s University Medical Group (CUMG) if your child saw a doctor. It will include charges for a doctor’s clinical expertise.
- Other circumstances for which you might receive additional bills include:
- If your child received care from Children's Home Care Services, Dental Medicine or Odessa Brown Children's Clinic, you will get separate bills for these services.
- If your child sees a doctor who is not part of CUMG, you may receive a separate bill from that doctor's office.
Learn more about clinic and urgent care facility charges (PDF).
Who might bill me for services, and how do I contact them?
Here are some of the most common groups that may bill you:
- Children's University Medical Group (CUMG) handles billing for most doctors who provide care in Seattle Children's clinics and at Seattle Children's Hospital. Contact CUMG at 206-987-8455 or, toll-free, 888-675-2864. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) handles billing for some doctors who provide care at Seattle Children's. Call 206-288-6226 or, toll-free, 800-304-1763.
- University of Washington Physicians (UWP) handles billing for some doctors who provide services at Seattle Children's. Call 206-543-8606 or, toll-free, 888-234-5467.
- Airlift Northwest bills for transportation by airplane, helicopter or ambulance. Call 206-521-1616 or, toll-free, 866-245-4373.
- American Medical Response bills for ambulance transportation. Call 800-228-7601 toll-free.
Can I pay my bill online?
Yes, you can pay your Seattle Children’s bills online.
If you received separate bills from other providers for your child’s visit to Seattle Children’s, you will need to follow the instructions on those bills to pay them.
To find out which bills you can pay online and for answers to additional online bill paying questions, visit Pay My Bill Online.
Why does my bill list charges for a doctor my child didn't see?
Some doctors who provide services don't meet face-to-face with your child. For example, a radiologist may evaluate your child's X-rays or other test results without seeing your child in person.
What should I do if I think there is a mistake on my bill?
If you think there is a mistake or have other questions about your bill from Seattle Children's, please contact us.