The Adolescent Bariatric Program brings together experts from Adolescent Medicine, Nutrition, the Athletic Trainers Program and Social Work. They work closely with your family and each other to address all aspects of your teen’s health and to help your teen succeed at losing weight and reversing or improving obesity-related illnesses.
Providers in the Adolescent Bariatric Program include:
- Yolanda Evans, MD, MPH, Adolescent Wellness Program clinical director and pediatric medical advisor for the UW Medical Center Weight Loss Surgery Program
- Alicia Dixon Docter, MS, RDN, CD
- Lisa Holman, MS, RDN, CD
- Carley MacRae, MPH, RDN, CD
- Antonio Gudino, ATC, AT/L
- Eric Schlocker, MSW, LICSW
Based on your teen’s needs and schedule, you may also see other Seattle Children’s doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians, athletic trainers and social workers who are part of the Adolescent Bariatric Program.
We will involve other Seattle Children’s specialists as needed to diagnose and treat your teen’s medical conditions, including doctors from Endocrinology and Diabetes, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nephrology, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine. We may also refer you to a behavioral health provider, such as a counselor or therapist, in the community.