Everyone Swims is a policy and systems change approach to increase access to swimming and water recreation among culturally diverse and low-income families. Over 20 pools, water recreation organizations and community health clinics in Seattle and King County, Washington, worked together to develop improved access through:
- Swimming scholarships
- Swim ability screening
- Referral to swimming and water recreation programs
- Special swim programs for children and families with unique needs
Everyone Swims can be used or adapted for any community. Learn more about Everyone Swims.
April Pools Day and Summer Splash-Tacular
April Pools Day and Summer Splash-Tacular are annual events for children and families to go to a local pool or beach and learn valuable water safety skills and knowledge. A variety of water activities and games make these events non-stop fun for everyone!
Learn more about April Pools Day and Summer Splash-Tacular planning and promotion.
Washington State Designated Swim Area Guidelines
Seattle Children’s and the Washington State Department of Health partnered to develop swim area guidelines for Washington state to:
- Increase access to safer water recreation.
- Decrease open water drowning fatalities and injuries.
- Encourage standards for designated swim areas across the state, similar to public health-regulated pools.
Download the Washington State Designated Swim Area Guidelines (PDF).