In this 60-minute class, adult participants will engage in a variety of activities under the guidance of the instructor, with the support of caregivers or aides as needed.
- Preparing soil for gardening
- Planting a garden
- Tending a garden (e.g., checking on plants, pulling weeds, watering plants)
- Learning about healthy living
- Learning about sustainable living /horticulture
- Exploring different colors, textures, smells and sounds in a calming, natural setting
This class is intended for adults age 18 and older with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities. Participants who require a 1:1 aide or caregiver are required to bring this person with them to class.
This class is offered through Seattle Children’s Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center. Learn how to enroll.
Time and cost
Basic–Moderate: Mondays 2 to 3 p.m., $15 per 60-minute class
Moderate–Advanced: Mondays 1 to 2 p.m., $15 per 60-minute class