Life Skills I (Advanced)
In this 90-minute class, participants will learn a variety of basic skills under the guidance of the instructor.
- Practicing conversation initiation
- Practicing non-verbal communication
- Practicing time management
- Learning about sleep hygiene and personal hygiene
- Learning how to make friends and keep friendships
- Learning about dating and social norms
- Learning about basic household skills and safety
- Practicing skills useful to finding a job or volunteer or internship opportunity
This class is intended for adults age 18 and older with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities. Participants should be individuals who are highly independent, able to communicate verbally and self-sufficient when challenging situations arise.
The curriculum is based on the Delphi Young Adult Curriculum, developed by the Aspiring Youth Program for groups and high school transition programs.
This class is offered through Seattle Children’s Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center. Learn how to enroll.
Time and cost
Tuesdays, 12:30 to 2 p.m., $35 per 90-minute class