Cooking and Baking (Advanced)
In this 90-minute class, adult participants will engage in the following activities under the guidance of an instructor, with the support of caregivers or aides as needed.
- Using a variety of simple kitchen utensils and appliances such as an oven, range top and microwave
- Learning about the basics of sanitation/hygiene
- Preparing slightly more complex meals and snacks by following a standard recipe book
- Learning about nutrition
- Planning meals and shopping for ingredients
- Learning to set a place setting and serve food
- Sitting with fellow participants to eat their prepared meals and/or snacks
- Cleaning dishes and workstation after a meal and/or snack
This class is intended for adults age 18 and older with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities.
We will do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions and needs. For more information, please email us. We will follow up with individual participants as they enroll.
This class is offered through Seattle Children’s Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center. Learn how to enroll.
Time and cost
Tuesdays, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and every other Wednesday, 4:30 to 6 p.m., $25 per 90-minute class