Current Class Offerings
Heart Center Family Education Day 2017
Seattle Children's Heart Center will hold its Family Education Day on Saturday, February 11, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please join us for a day of educational and interactive sessions with our physicians, nurses and staff. Our goal is to provide you with an opportunity to learn more about the care of congenital heart disease and ask our staff general questions.
- Care of Pediatric Heart Disease: The Past and Present
- What’s on the Horizon? A Sampling of Scientific Advancements in Congenital Heart Disease
- Overview of Neurodevelopmental Issues in Congenital Heart Disease
- Coping with a Life-Long Health Problem: Managing Everyone’s Anxiety and Developing Resilience
- Practical Advice for Neurodevelopmental Challenges: Accessing Resources and Navigating the School System
New this year will be a special afternoon session devoted to teens transitioning to adult care, featuring our adult congenital heart disease patients and families. Feel free to bring your teen for the entire day or just from 1 to 3:30 pm.
- What Does Independence Look Like? Transitioning to Adult Care
- Reproductive Health and Substance Abuse
- Looking to the Future: Adult Life with Congenital Heart Disease
Please note that the intended audience for this program is adolescents and adults. We request that all attendees be 13 years of age or older, as we will not have childcare available.
The cost of this event is $20 per family. Space is limited. Please register online by February 3.
Questions? Call Courtney MacNealy at 206-987-0691 or email her.