You can use the form below to apply for research internships and training opportunities throughout the year. Placements are made on a quarterly basis. Many of our positions are tailored to individual applicants, depending on their skills and experience, and on our researchers’ needs.
If you are applying for a specific position within Seattle Children’s Research Institute, including UW graduate program rotations, please indicate the position on your application. Offers may be made throughout the year based on lab availability. Please email us if you have questions or would like more specific details.
Note: This application does not pertain to the Science Education Department’s High School STEM Internship or to the SMAHRT Summer Scholars program. Please visit the Science Education Department page to apply for the STEM internships. For Summer Scholars, visit the SMAHRT page.
- Autumn 2016 and Winter 2017: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing, rolling basis.
- Spring start (early April): Applications reviewed February 1, selections made mid-February.
- Summer start (late May–late June): Applications reviewed mid-March (except Ben Towne, reviewed early March), selections made late March. If you are applying for a specific position in one of our labs, please include that information in the form below. If you are applying for a specific position but would also like to be considered for additional opportunities, please indicate in the “additional background” box.
- Summer only: Please indicate in the “additional background” box.
- Summer continuing into academic year: Please include your weekly hourly availability for the academic year in the “additional background” box.
- You may receive follow-up questions that are lab-specific based on your application.
- Summer participants will have the opportunity to participate in a Summer Research Symposium at Seattle Children’s Research Institute on Thursday, August 3.