If you have questions, please contact your school representative or faculty/instructor.
Your school faculty/instructor should have provided you with a username and ID number. You will need both of these to access our intranet and learning management system.
Your password has been set to your ID number. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you use it. If you were not given a username and ID number, please contact your school faculty/instructor.
Student orientation includes a combination of web based trainings (WBT), PowerPoint educational presentations, on-site tour and policies and procedures you are required to read prior to your first day on campus. Your faculty/instructor will arrange a tour and facilitate an orientation prior to your arrival, which will include unit-specific safety information, unit shift handoff guidelines and other unit-specific and hospital-wide information you will need to know.
A. Required Paperwork and Photo ID
The following documents are to be read, completed, signed and turned into your faculty/instructor at the time designated by the school. The school must turn in all required paperwork to Seattle Children’s by your first day on campus.
B. Orientation Required Web Based Trainings (WBTs) and Reading
- System Access and Required WBTs (PDF): This document gives instructions for accessing our intranet and learning management system, Learning Center, as well as a list of all required WBTs and Policies that must be completed prior to your arrival on campus.
- In Learning Center, complete/pass all 9 required WBTs. Print out your learning history and turn in to your faculty/instructor with all other required paperwork.
- In CHILD, our intranet, go to the Policies and Procedure tab to find the required Policies you need to read prior to arrival.
- View the following PowerPoints, video or website:
C. Senior Practicum
If you did your clinical rotation at Seattle Children’s and you are now returning for your Senior Practicum, and it has been less than 10 months since you were last here, please note:
- You only need to complete Disclosure Statement and Student Record.
- You will need to get another Photo ID.
- You do not need to take WBTs, view PowerPoints or videos or read polices, unless instructed by hospital or school due to updates or changes in requirements since you were here last.
If you did your clinical rotation at Seattle Children’s and you are now returning for your Senior Practicum, and it has been more than 10 months since you were last here, you must redo all documents and trainings as described in sections A and B above.
If you are doing your Senior Practicum at Seattle Children’s and you have never been here before as a nursing student, you must complete all forms and trainings in sections A and B above.