News

Seattle boy survives flesh-eating bacteria

Seattle boy survives flesh-eating bacteria

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seattle-boy-survives-flesh-eating-bacteria/

Source: CBS News

A 13-year-old boy in Seattle has just been released from a hospital after surviving the ravages of a flesh-eating bacteria. CBS affiliate KIRO-TV reports Trey Lauren spent three weeks at Seattle Children's while an aggressive bacteria ate at his leg from the inside. The infection started shortly after Lauren cut his leg with a nail and received six stitches. Five hours later his leg was so swollen it looked like a balloon. An MRI at the hospital determined the infection was eating him alive. The doctors said he was 12 hours away from losing his leg and two days from losing his life.