Skip to main content

Search
News

Tiny Wire From BBQ Brush Lands Teen in Surgery

|

Tiny Wire From BBQ Brush Lands Teen in Surgery

May 10, 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/05/tiny-wire-from-bbq-brush-lands-teen-in-surgery/

 

Source - ABC News


Tristin Beck, 16, of Mountlake Terrace, Wash., was admitted to Seattle Children’s Hospital late last week, experiencing stomach pain and vomiting. On Sunday night, doctors performed exploratory surgery on his small intestine and found a problem no one expected, a wire from a grill brush. “We saw the glisten of metal off the light,” said Dr. Kimberly Riehle, a surgeon at Seattle Children’s.

Contact Information for Press

If you have not worked with Seattle Children’s before, please read our press policy before contacting us.

The best way to reach the public relations team is via email at press@seattlechildrens.org. This inbox is monitored seven days a week, during and after business hours, on weekends and on holidays.

Phone: 206-987-4500
(8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific time, Monday–Friday only)

Note: This contact information is for members of the media only. For general hospital or research questions, please call the hospital switchboard at 206-987-2000.

Latest News

Seattle Children’s studying new ways to treat infant brain injuries
8.21.14 — Q13 Fox

A brain injury is serious for anyone, but for infants they can be devastating. Dr. Dennis Mayock of Seattle Children’s, the ... cont.

Training Physicians for Empathy
8.8.14 — HealthLeaders Media

Improving Clinical Management of Stillbirth is an educational session sponsored by the Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity ... cont.

Remembering Daniel and the Legacy He Left Behind
8.5.14 — On the Pulse Blog

In my last post about “The Fault in Our Stars,” I made a comment about how most patients live, if not thrive after their ... cont.