Skip to main content

Search
News

Swallowing Tiny Magnets Can Lead To Big Trouble For Kids

|

Swallowing Tiny Magnets Can Lead To Big Trouble For Kids

August 09, 2013

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/08/08/210200382/swallowing-tiny-magnets-can-lead-to-big-trouble-for-kids?ft=1&f=

 

Source - NPR


In a recent study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Julie Brown, of Seattle Children’s, and colleagues documented an increase in magnet-related ailments that eventually bring young people into the emergency room. Brown is quoted in this article.

Press Contacts for Media Interviews

Email for Media Interviews
press@seattlechildrens.org
Phone for Media Interviews
206-987-4500
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific time (non-holidays)
Urgent After Hours for Media Interviews
206-987-2000
Call switchboard to page Media Relations staff on call

Latest News

Doctor’s Advice: How to enjoy the hot weather safely
7.11.14 — Q13 Fox

Dr. Tony Woodward, medical director of emergency services at Seattle Children’s, discusses how to enjoy the hot weekend weather ... cont.

Teen Patient Gives MTV-Style Tour Of Seattle Children's Hospital
7.11.14 — Evening Magazine

A local teenager is using the “MTV Cribs” show format to show off an unlikely place: Seattle Children’s Hospital. This is the ... cont.

Seattle Scientist Trying To Disrupt HPV, Which Hacks Your Cells To Cause Cancer
7.11.14 — KPLU Radio

Most sexually-active people will pick up human papillomavirus at one time or another, and it’s very dangerous for a small ... cont.